I read a lot of library books. Well, I suppose it's more accurate to say I check out a lot of library books. See, I have this bad habit of letting books that I've checked out sit around in my room... and sit and sit and then sit some more... only to go back to the library, unread, at the end of their check-out periods. I've long since realized it's become something of a problem.
But even with that said, I do read a lot of library books. More than most people, I'd wager. My budget doesn't exactly have room for any book buying--at least not at book stores (yard sales, I'm all over)--so the library is my best friend. Whether it be the local library's shelf of used books for sale, the statewide catalog, or the Overdrive site, most of what I read come from the library in one sense or another. So the Snagged @ the Library Reading Challenge, co-hosted by The Geeky Blogger's Book Blog and The Book Nympho, is right up my alley. This is one I should be able to pass with flying colors!
Here's a brief run-down of the rules. To read more about the challenge, check out the sign-up page here.
The goal of the challenge is to read at least twelve library books during 2015, whether those be physical books, audiobooks, or ebooks. The only requirement here is that they come from the library. If you're rereading a book or reading it for another challenge, it can count, too!
This challenge has four levels: Dewey Decimal with a goal of twelve books, Thrifty Reader with a goal of twenty-four books, Overdrive Junkie with a goal of thirty-six books, and Stalking the Bookstacks with a goal of fifty or more books. I will be aiming for Dewey Decimal, but I fully expect to move past it. I'm hoping to make it to Stalking the Bookstacks!
If Snagged @ the Library sounds like something you're interested in participating in, or if you'd like to learn more about the challenge, you can find more information and the sign-up page here at The Geeky Blogger's Book Blog.
And here's what I've read for this challenge so far!
- Spaniel in a Stocking (Animal Ark) by Ben M. Baglio
- Hamster in the Holly (Animal Ark) by Ben M. Baglio
- Terrier in the Tinsel (Animal Ark, #34) by Ben M. Baglio
- Aliens Don't Wear Braces (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #7) by Debbie Dadey and Marcia Thornton Jones
- The Blessing Way (Joe Leaphorn, #1) by Tony Hillerman
- Lizzie at Last by Claudia Mills
- The Haunting at Stratton Falls by Brenda Seabrooke
- Who Could That Be at This Hour? (All the Wrong Questions, #1) by Lemony Snicket
- Power to the Purple! (The Ultra Violets, #2) by Sophie Bell
- The Doll in the Garden by Mary Downing Hahn
- Something's Wicked in Those Woods by Marisa Montes
- Christina's Ghost by Betty Ren Wright
- The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall by Mary Downing Hahn
- Deep and Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn
- Sweet Miss Honeywell's Revenge by Kathryn Reiss
- The Haunted Playground by Shaun Tan
- All the Lovely Bad Ones by Mary Downing Hahn
- The Old Willis Place by Mary Downing Hahn
- The Monsters Next Door (The Bailey City Monsters, #1) by Debbie Dadey and Marcia Thornton Jones
- Cam Jansen and the Spaghetti Max Mystery by David A. Adler
- Amy, Number Seven (Replica, #1) by Marilyn Kaye
- The Ghost of Raven Hill (Raven Hill Mysteries, #1) by Emily Rodda
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice (Raven Hill Mysteries, #2) by Emily Rodda
- "Dewey Decimal" reached February 7